Dr. Surendra Kumar Sharma is a renowned Endocrinologist from Jaipur with more than twenty years’ experience in his field. He can be consulted at his clinic, Galaxy Speciality Centre, Ajmer Road, which is a Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrine Centre.
Dr. Sharma completed his MBBS in 1978 from Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner after which he passed his MD in Medicine in 1983 from the same College. He then obtained a DM in Endocrinology from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh in 1993. For ten years from 2000 to 2010 he was involved in teaching - first, as an Assistant Professor at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, and later as Professor of Medicine at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Jaipur.
Dr. Sharma has kept himself updated with the latest developments in Endocrinology and Diabetes by attending Conferences of various Medical Associations. He has also been involved in a number of Clinical Trials and collaborated in many Research Projects. He has organised various Workshops and CMEs all over Rajasthan. He has also organised over 350 Patient Education Programmes and Diabetes Camps and delivered more than 500 lectures on Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders and Endocrinology in Rajasthan and in other parts of India. Dr. Sharma has also published Papers in various Medical Journals.
Conference / Workshop Organized / Scientific Work
- DFSI–Organizing Secretary of 3rd National Conference of Diabetic Foot Society of India held on 2004 & 2013, Jaipur.
- RSSDI- Joint organizing Secretary of research society RSSDI in India held on act 10 to 12, 2003, Jaipur.
- Organized more than 200 patient education programs, Diabetes camps all over Rajasthan and mega camps on world Diabetes Day for last 23 years.
- Delivered more than 750 lectures in the field of Diabetes, Thyroid & Endocrinology all over Rajasthan and other states of India.
- Regional Faculty(Rajasthan): Public Health Foundation Of India (CCEBDM, CCMTD, CCGDM)
- Course Director: I Manage Diabetes 2015, GDM program and Diabetic Foot program
- Faculty:- National Diabetes Educator Program.
- 10 Scientific Papers published in National & International Journals.
- Author for API chapter text book.
- Diabetes Welfare Society , President since 2004, Diabetes Welfare Society has organised more than 100 workshops.